cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vrchandran
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Delete files in FTP using *.*

Folks, my problem might have been solved. When I try to delete all the files in a folder using delete files with FTP connection, it throws an error File not found. In the same directory instead of using *.*, if I use exact name of the file, it of course deletes it. I migrated from WinAutomation to Power automate. Power automate uses the term delete "Files" (Note plural) in FTP, so I assumed *.* will delete all the files, or a combination of files if I user the name like, myfiles*.xlsx etc. I am stuck. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Red2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Vrchandran,

I'm a bit confused.  Were you able to resolve your issue?

Hi Red2,

My problem was not resolved. Using *.* to delete all files in power automate doesn't work? It works in Winautomation. But there is no more support for winautomation, so I switch to power automate. It ssems you can't delete files all files using *.*. Am I missing something?

Apparently power automate can not delete files when you use all inclusive file name like *.*?

That would be very surprising.

Apparently power automate can not delete files when you use all inclusive file name like *.*?

That would be very surprising.

Hey Red,

There are two problems. One delete folder doesn't work in FTP

Delete files doesn't work in FTP

In both cases, when I use filezilla, no problem, anything and everything was deleted as directed.

Therefore it is not the problem with the FTP site itself. Certainly a problem with Power Automate. Even after 1 year nobody seems to solve this basic problem.

vrchandran
Frequent Visitor

Hey guys,

So now another 3 months passed. Just came here to check out anybody else having this problem. Apparently not. Anyway let me post my problem from June 13, 2021: I am unable to delete a directory using FTP connection in Power Automate. Anybody found any solution?

From my sparse knowledge of Power Automate i am pretty sure you have to read the files into an array and then run the delete command against that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,829)