cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vrchandran
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Delete files in FTP using *.*

Folks, my problem might have been solved. When I try to delete all the files in a folder using delete files with FTP connection, it throws an error File not found. In the same directory instead of using *.*, if I use exact name of the file, it of course deletes it. I migrated from WinAutomation to Power automate. Power automate uses the term delete "Files" (Note plural) in FTP, so I assumed *.* will delete all the files, or a combination of files if I user the name like, myfiles*.xlsx etc. I am stuck. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Red2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Vrchandran,

I'm a bit confused.  Were you able to resolve your issue?

vrchandran
Frequent Visitor

Hi Red2,

My problem was not resolved. Using *.* to delete all files in power automate doesn't work? It works in Winautomation. But there is no more support for winautomation, so I switch to power automate. It ssems you can't delete files all files using *.*. Am I missing something?

vrchandran
Frequent Visitor

Apparently power automate can not delete files when you use all inclusive file name like *.*?

That would be very surprising.

vrchandran
Frequent Visitor

Apparently power automate can not delete files when you use all inclusive file name like *.*?

That would be very surprising.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,219)