cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steventhi
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Ingest Sharepoint Form Attachments into Sharepoint List

In my sharepoint form, the last question allows my users to upload attachments (intended to be images). I've created a sharepoint list with columns to correspond with each question.

In flow, the "Create Item in Sharepoint" does not display any of the fields for my attachment/image ...

Here's my list in Sharepoint. Note, the first row with the user image on the far right is what I'm trying to accomplish through flows. However, even a hyperlink would suffice.

And also, when I try to forward off the approval workflow using the input directly from the forms, instead of a picture/attachment, I'm getting a code snippet. How is this corrected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @steventhi 

I’m afraid currently, user cannot update an image column in a sharepoint list using sharepoint connector except http request.

But user can add attachment to sharepoint list using sharepoint connector easily.

So the workaround is to add attachment to sharepoint list.

If user wants to add attachment, then he will need to get the ‘file content’ which he cannot get by the dynamic content of the answer in Form.

Actually, if a user upload file in MS Form, then the file will be automatically saved in OneDrive of the creator of the Form. So user can get ‘file content’ using OneDrive connector.

The following flow is for your reference:

3.9-2.PNG

The detailed steps for ‘Compose2’, ‘Get file content’ and ‘Add attachment’:

3.9-3.PNG

The two expressions are connected with a dot between them in ‘File’ in ‘Get file content’:

json(outputs('Compose_2'))[0]['driveId']

json(outputs('Compose_2'))[0]['Id']

For more info about the functions used:

json()outputs().

[0] is used to get the first item in an array, [1] is used to get the second item in an array, and so on.  

The dynamic content ‘File content’ in ‘Add attachment’ is from ‘Get file content’.

The ‘File Name’ in ‘Add attachment’ should contain the file extension, which in this case should be ‘.png’.

The same applies to the step ‘Start and wait for an approval’:

3.9-4.PNG

If you still have the problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @steventhi 

I’m afraid currently, user cannot update an image column in a sharepoint list using sharepoint connector except http request.

But user can add attachment to sharepoint list using sharepoint connector easily.

So the workaround is to add attachment to sharepoint list.

If user wants to add attachment, then he will need to get the ‘file content’ which he cannot get by the dynamic content of the answer in Form.

Actually, if a user upload file in MS Form, then the file will be automatically saved in OneDrive of the creator of the Form. So user can get ‘file content’ using OneDrive connector.

The following flow is for your reference:

3.9-2.PNG

The detailed steps for ‘Compose2’, ‘Get file content’ and ‘Add attachment’:

3.9-3.PNG

The two expressions are connected with a dot between them in ‘File’ in ‘Get file content’:

json(outputs('Compose_2'))[0]['driveId']

json(outputs('Compose_2'))[0]['Id']

For more info about the functions used:

json()outputs().

[0] is used to get the first item in an array, [1] is used to get the second item in an array, and so on.  

The dynamic content ‘File content’ in ‘Add attachment’ is from ‘Get file content’.

The ‘File Name’ in ‘Add attachment’ should contain the file extension, which in this case should be ‘.png’.

The same applies to the step ‘Start and wait for an approval’:

3.9-4.PNG

If you still have the problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hello Kira,

Thank you for your solution! This is working great

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (89,902)