cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navsaqib
Regular Visitor

Unable to Read values from Excel Get a row when using dynamic value for File

I have an Excel table inside a workbook which is used for integration with Dynamics 365 as follows:

Annotation 2020-04-19 200158.jpg

I have a flow whose trigger is SharePoint "When a file is created or modified (properties only). I want to Read a row in Excel for Business but the problem is that when I pick the file using Browse (hard coded) I am able to ready the values but, as soon as I use the 'Identifier' (dynamic value) from the trigger the variables below stop showing the Excel action in dynamic values as shown in the follow picture. Please note that I am dealing with multiple copies of Excel sheets. 

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @navsaqib  could you please create a compose action before your varible an test

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @navsaqib 

That is a limitation with the excel connector. It does not like values for the filename and the table being passed dynamically or during run time. 

You might want to try using the graph API for this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/excel?view=graph-rest-1.0 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hey @ChristianAbata ,

I tried Compose as well as Initialize Variable action but none of them seems to work. It seems some kind of bug.

Hi @yashag2255,

Actually, that is not correct. Excel does support dynamic values in for the File parameter but in the Flow designer it inconsistent. According to official docs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#known-issues-and-limitations

>>>

The File property expected by the connector's actions should be filled using one of the following options:

• Pick a file from the file picker.
  • Use an output from the OneDrive for Business connector's triggers/actions (file's Id or File identifier property depending on which one is present for the particular OneDrive for Business's action or trigger).
  • Use an output from the SharePoint connector's triggers/actions (file's Id or Identifier property depending on which one is present for the particular Sharepoint's action or trigger).

<<<<

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (91,168)