Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pandaviking
Level: Powered On

Unable to Update Item in Flow

Hello!

I am trying to create a flow that will keep track of tasks completed for items in a list. 

I have multiple Choice Columns for different tasks where I can select yes/no such as creating a user account, confluence account, and time sheet. If a user chooses yes this will trigger the flow where the flow will send out an Approval Email to its respective admin responsible for the task. Their response will result in a Status column that will be updated with their reponse. 

I am able to update one task, but it will not work the same for another task with the same logic. 

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_Jira_and_Confluence_Status' inputs at line '1' and column '2150': 'The template language expression 'body('Update_item')['Title']' cannot be evaluated because property 'Title' cannot be selected. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 4.41.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 4.43.18 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to Update Item in Flow

Hi pandaviking,

Do you have several tasks lists with the same configuration?

Do you have several flows to update the response to the Status column in the list?

In which action, do you get the error message?

Could you show me the details of what you have entered for the Status column? Are you using an expression or dynamic content?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pandaviking
Level: Powered On

@v-yamao-msft 

I have all these Tasks under one List. 

I have one flow to update the response to the Status column in the list. 

I get the error message in the Condition where I check the Value of the Column when it evaluates to False by default regardless of the current value. There are occasions where it will evaluate to True and the Status Column gets updates properly, but if i resubmit the same flow and remove the Staus Value that was recently updated it will evaluate as False.

As for the status column, It goes through an approval where the designated user will Accept or Reject. and the Status column is updated with their reponse.

Update Works.png

Status Update Logic.pngEvaulated to False.pngFrom options.pngStatus Type.pngUpdate Item Action.pngFlow Layout.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pandaviking,

Thanks for your detailed screenshots.

According to your description, your flow failed in the EHour value condition, and E-Hour is of Boolean column type.

Please try to configure this Condition using bool function.

Please take the following screenshot for a reference.

It run succeeded when I test it on my side.

3.PNG

4.PNG

More details about bool function, please check it at here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 399 members 4,375 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: