cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rkaur
Level: Powered On

Unable to close opportunity as WON/LOST using flow

Using Flow, i am creating an opportunity and then as part of soem other logic, i need to close the same opportunity as WON/LOST in the same flow .

However i get the error

{\"error\":{\"code\":\"0x80040216\",\"message\":\
"This message can not be used to set the state of opportunity to won. In order to set state of opportunity to won, use the won message instead. \"type\":\"Microsoft.Dynamics.Solution.Common.CrmInvalidOperationException.

I have been using three fields to achieve teh same

1 actual close date

2. status (WON)

3. status reason (WON)

KIndly assist.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to close opportunity as WON/LOST using flow

@Rkaur 

Hi there!

What does the rest of the Flow look like?  Are all of the required fields in the opportunity filled in?  Closing an opportunity has a few sub-jobs so D365 (assuming that's your CRM?) may be yelling at you because of that.  I did see this in the ideas side, so I'm wondering if it's not totally possible yet.

Show us the rest of the process and we'll see what we can do. 🙂

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Rkaur

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your response.

So, when we close an Opportunitya s WON/LOST from CRM UI it also, it only takes the three fields i mentioned above which are auto populated there except for the status reason.  Hence, i mapped the  same fields in my flow with the status reason as WON/LOST.

if there was any field missing it gives some other error to help identify.

But this error, im just not able to decode "In order to set state of opportunity to won, use the won message instead" What does won message mean?

IN other discussion forums i came across an API "LoseOpportunityRequest()"  https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/microsoft-dynamics-crm-forum/164822/how-to-change-opportunity-e...

so does it mean that even when using c#code instead of updaterecord() method there is another method used to close opportunity. And if thats the case then thiss functionality may be hasnt yet been brought into FLows.

Would you have any idea around this ?

msm8504

Any update on a resolution?  I'm running into the exact same issue

Highlighted
Rkaur

Hey.. theres no solution to this. its left open for me as well.

if you see the reply from Ed, he pointed out to ideas forum where the exact requirement has been mentioned.

so propbably we can just wait until teh solution comes or we may need to figure alternate way for now to make it working.

msm8504

Ok thank you @Rkaur 

I also initially thought that I needed to set status values within the 'opportunity close' entity along with the 'opportunity' entity.  I tried every combination of running the flow with parallel steps, setting opp status first, setting opp close status first, etc. and still same errors.  Very frustrating this can be done through a crm workflow, but not within a flow.

Ahmet_Göker
Level: Power Up

@Rkaur @msm8504 @edgonzales I have had the same problem but found the solution at the end of the day.

First you need to create your opportunity without setting or updating your status. Just leave it empty

Screenshot (102)_LI.jpg

Second: You need to create a Opportunity Close activitities. With the created Opportunityid. From this point you can set your Opporunity status.

Screenshot (103)_LI.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,284)