Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to create text analytics connection

Hi,

I am unable to create a connection to Microsoft's Text Analytics API using Flow or PowerApps. Both solutions gave me a "resource not found" error. I have tried the following steps;

1. API endpoint: https://eastus.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/text/analytics/v2.0
  2. Tried re-generating the key and it didn't work
  3. Tried re-creating both resource group and text analytics service, it didn't work either.

Using Postman, the connection to Text Analytics API was successful. I am not sure how else to troubleshoot on Flow or PowerApps. Appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Unable to create text analytics connection

Hi @yoggieb 

Can you please post a screenshot of the flow? How are you creating the connection? What role do you have to the resource that you are creating in Azure? 

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@yoggieb 

I just created the resource in my Azure subscription (I have the owner role to the resource and the resource group) and connected to that in flow:hans.PNG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I am set as a "classic administrator" to the resource.

When I added the connection (the first time), it worked when I put in the access key and endpoint. This issue started after I tried to switch connection to a different resource in Azure. I switched the connection back to my original resource and it still did not work.

I am still having an issue connecting.

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 10.39.46 PM.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @yoggieb 

That is strange. This could be a caching issue. Can you please go to Data on the left nav bar in the flow -> Connections, find the connection to azure text analytics resource and delete that. Now log out of the current session of the flow and close the browser window. Start a fresh session and check if you continue to face the issue. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I did the following;

1. I removed any connections related to text analytics on Microsoft Flow.
  2. Logged out of Microsoft Flow
  3. Clear browser cache
  4. Logged back onto Flow
  5. Tried to add the connection and it still failed (see screenshot below)

I have also tried the following;

1. Delete both text analytics resource and resource group
  2. Re-create both text analytics resource and resource group
  3. I am still facing the same issue

I checked the resource metrics on Azure and there was no calls recorded to the resource. I don't think the issue is around configuration on Azure. I tried a test using the API testing console in the documentation, see here;

API testing console

Azure did capture the call from the API testing console. However, there was no call recorded from Flow or PowerApps.

Highlighted

For Connection, Name, enter the name of the Text Analytics resource that you created in Azure Portal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,585)