cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rxn

Unable to display text from people picker/lookup column in HTML table.

Hello,

This is my first post here. Please excuse any lack of information, I'll be happy to provide whatever is needed.

I was following this tutorial by the very talented @RezaDorrani where he builds a HTML table with different types of columns. I'm able to get proper text values to be displayed from all columns except people and choice columns. Flow runs as expected but information is displayed like this:

rxn_0-1634597575841.png

(choice column is on the left, people lookup column is on the right)

As you can see, I'm unable to get the value of my choice column. The dinamic object created by my Get Items does not allow me to get the specific value of the column.

rxn_1-1634598775008.png

(here you can see there's no 'value' for the "Tipo Impacto" choice column)

I've tried parsing the column using a JSON schema, but doing so results in the following error:

"BadRequest. The property 'columns' must be specified unless the 'from' property value is an array of objects."

Here's that error:

rxn_2-1634599279250.png

Finally, here is my entire flow:

rxn_3-1634600415189.png

rxn_4-1634600433685.png

rxn_5-1634600454377.png

rxn_6-1634600470889.png

Hope that's enough to start with. Thanks in advance for your time!

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

For the People picker,

You will have to select Display Name Property. Refer example of Created By

PrasadAthalye_0-1634600979787.png

In your screen shot, I can see value property for Tipo Incidencia. 

Did you allow multiple values in Tipo Impacto? If yes, that is a collection and will be a tricky one.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

For the People picker,

You will have to select Display Name Property. Refer example of Created By

PrasadAthalye_0-1634600979787.png

In your screen shot, I can see value property for Tipo Incidencia. 

Did you allow multiple values in Tipo Impacto? If yes, that is a collection and will be a tricky one.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my flow.

When looking for the DisplayName of 'Usuario afectado', there's no dynamic content being generated from my "Get Items" step (first of the list).

rxn_0-1634657042814.png

However, it is possible to assign the Display Name property of 'Usuario afectado' from my Update Items step. Doing so will put the entire "Create HTML Table" step into an Apply to Each loop, and running the flow will result in an error:

"e is undefined"

rxn_1-1634657551659.png

In regards to the choice column...

Yes, the value for Tipo Incidencia does show up as dynamic content and it is displayed properly in the table. But Tipo Impacto does not display its value as dynamic content. Here's what I mean:

rxn_2-1634658076413.png

(Get Items's dynamic content highlighted in yellow)

Very similarly to the People picker, I can pass the whole of Tipo Impacto, but not its value. Doing that produces the undesired result shown on the OP. If I use the dynamic content from any other steps, an Apply to Each loop is created and I get the following error:
"The execution of template action 'Aplicar_a_cada_uno_2' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@outputs('Actualizar_elemento')?['body/TIpo_x0020_Impacto'] is of type 'Null'. The result must be a valid array."

rxn_3-1634658453943.png

Please let me know if I made myself clear! Thank you again!

rxn

I looked into the properties of my column "Tipo Impacto" in Sharepoint.

You were right! It was configured to allow multiple values to be chosen. This is not needed for my use case so I changed it to act as a drop down menu instead and now I can select that value from the dynamic content menu in my flow and the value is properly displayed in my table.

This promted me to do the same for the People picker and now I am able to get the dynamic content for the Display Name of Usuario Afectado, but in this case I would like to be able to set multiple people in my Sharepoint column and get all their names to display in my HTML table.

You mentioned this means we have to work with collections. I'll do my own research on the topic, but if you have any advice that would help me to achieve this I would highly appreciate it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,272)