cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_vulpe
Frequent Visitor

Unable to grab the SharePoint file - "An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded."

Hi Gents,

New in the Power Automate world. I love everything about this program however having a lot of issues to my first serious flow.

I'm trying to create a Auto Emailer  to grab some files from a SharePoint folder using a condition to be equal between the file name for the SharePoint file and a Excel column where we have the file name plus extension. I was able to make this work for files from one drive for business however when taking the files from SharePoint I'm running into issues.

Please check how I have designed the flow:

chris_vulpe_0-1666854447115.png

chris_vulpe_1-1666854638828.png

In the OneDrive version I have used "List Files" after the excel "List rows present in a table" action, and this return an array. However not able to find a alternative for the SharePoint to also return an array of file names, and then check if the excel "Attachment" field is equal with the file in the SharePoint folder. For each file I would like to send a email . The excel table looks like below:

IDEmail AddressCCBccFirst NameLast NameSubjectAttachment
1first.last1@email.com  First NameLast NameTest 1first last.xlsx
2first.last2@email.com  First Name 2Last Name 2Test 2first last2.xlsx

I would like to send a email every time in the SharePoint Folder we have a file under the name of a customer and if no files found, no action will be taken.

Can someone assist with some ideas for this flow? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Caspar_Rubin
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey,

in your Send an email (V2) action, you should be able to use the Dynamic content File name with extension from the Get files (properties only) action above the Apply to each loops as Attachment Name... And the use the Dynamic content File Content from the Get file content action...

This way the attachment gets the extension it's supposed to have...

Caspar_Rubin_0-1666873757990.png

cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Caspar_Rubin
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey,

in your Get item content action, could you try to select the Dynamic content Identifier and not ID from the Get file (properties only) action...

Caspar_Rubin_0-1666861255303.png

does that work?

cheers,

caspar

Hi Caspar,

It does work, the flow runs successfully however the file attached to the email appears as corrupted. I think it does not get the extension of the file and because of this it can not be accessed from the email.

chris_vulpe_0-1666869754474.png

Any idea how to fix this one?

Caspar_Rubin
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey,

in your Send an email (V2) action, you should be able to use the Dynamic content File name with extension from the Get files (properties only) action above the Apply to each loops as Attachment Name... And the use the Dynamic content File Content from the Get file content action...

This way the attachment gets the extension it's supposed to have...

Caspar_Rubin_0-1666873757990.png

cheers

chris_vulpe
Frequent Visitor

You were right. Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,847)