cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to link Form shared with me

I am working on a Flow which uses trigger "when a new response is submitted" for an O365 Form. A colleague has created a new Form to link to it and shared with me but it does not appear on the drop down list to select to add. Is there a way to add manually and if so what do you input? 

Otherwise the only way around it I can see is for me to save as the Form and then link from there. I would expect if its shared with me for it to appear on the drop down as if I had created it so a little clunky. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to link Form shared with me

By  O365 Form I assume you mean a form in Microsoft Forms? If so and it's been shared with you it's a group form and although you can't select a group form from the dropdown you can enter it as a custom value.

Get the url for the Form and in the trigger in Flow paste just the characters AFTER the id= as a custom value.

So if for example your form response url is..
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=g63aHu-yPUiB8SxIaC9A7B4fqWJxhk9EprbnRFYHGoVUME41...

..you paste the following in as a custom value both in the "When a new response is submitted" AND in the "Get response details" action.

g63aHu-yPUiB8SxIaC9A7B4fqWJxhk9EprbnRFYHGoVUME41R1FRMURSREpJNUpVQVlMRDY1SDdTNSQlQCN0PWcu

Then you carry on with the Flow as normal.

Rob
Los Gallardos

groupForm.png

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to link Form shared with me

By  O365 Form I assume you mean a form in Microsoft Forms? If so and it's been shared with you it's a group form and although you can't select a group form from the dropdown you can enter it as a custom value.

Get the url for the Form and in the trigger in Flow paste just the characters AFTER the id= as a custom value.

So if for example your form response url is..
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=g63aHu-yPUiB8SxIaC9A7B4fqWJxhk9EprbnRFYHGoVUME41...

..you paste the following in as a custom value both in the "When a new response is submitted" AND in the "Get response details" action.

g63aHu-yPUiB8SxIaC9A7B4fqWJxhk9EprbnRFYHGoVUME41R1FRMURSREpJNUpVQVlMRDY1SDdTNSQlQCN0PWcu

Then you carry on with the Flow as normal.

Rob
Los Gallardos

groupForm.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 120 members 4,512 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: