Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yuruker
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to process template language expressions for action

Dear All,

I am trying to built a flow, but facing with this failure: 

Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Procurement_Manager_OoF' at line '1' and column '2209': 'The template language function 'contains' expects its first argument 'collection' to be a dictionary (object), an array or a string. The provided value is of type 'Null'.'.

You may see my flows on the screenshots. Those 3 parallel legs have the same actions, from first action to the last. What I don't understand is; flow is running perfectly fine with the other two but failing on the Procurement Manager leg. 

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening? What worries me the most is, same flow is running exactly fine with other parallel legs but failing with only one. How to solve this? How to oversee it for future buildings?

P.S. I have already tried; Export / Import, delete the action and connect again, reenter the dynamic content and save as a new flow. They didn't work. 

Thanks in advance your attention and wishing you a good start to the week.

Best Regards,

Yigit Yürüker

Flow 1.PNGFlow 2.PNGFlow 3.PNGFlow 4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @yuruker ,

You need to check if the automaticReplies contained in value is empty because the parameter you configured in Condition is actually the following one.

200.PNG199.PNG

You can use the empty() function to determine if the automaticReplies are empty. If not, determine whether the message contains the specified string.

201.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @yuruker 

That means that the "Get mail tips Procurement Manager" isn't returning any value. 

Can you please confirm if that is the case by checking the run log? 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hello @manuelstgomes ,

Thank you for your message. I am not really sure how I can check the run log? I receive the attached message when I open the action box of the failed flow. 

Do you know how I can check the run log? Just for your information, my O365 account don't have a administrative role.

Flow 4.PNG

Hello, in your last picture you are showing the failed run.

This is the run history/ log. To check the value being passed into the ‘if condition’ click the action above it ‘get mail tips....’ to check the value being passed.

The error message states that the value being passed is empty or Null.

Thanks

If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hello @Jcook,

Thank you for your message! As you would see from the attached,  it runs smoothly until the failed flow. Even though there is a data at the previous step, it says "Null". 

I really don't know why. 

Flow Failure - Get Manager.PNG

Hi @yuruker ,

You need to check if the automaticReplies contained in value is empty because the parameter you configured in Condition is actually the following one.

200.PNG199.PNG

You can use the empty() function to determine if the automaticReplies are empty. If not, determine whether the message contains the specified string.

201.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hello @v-bacao-msft ,

Thank you for your explanatory message. What I received made me very happy to be honest, there is a great improvement with the responses. 

As you might also see from the attached, only Procurement Manager is returning empty. Do you know why it is happening? Would your solution solve this problem?

Best Regards,

Yigit Yürüker

Flow Empty Return.PNG

Hi @yuruker ,

Thank you for your reply!

I speculate that the corresponding manager is not set to mail tips, so automaticReplies is empty.

Please check these links and see if it helps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-mailtips-options-7839a4ac-e45f-4289-a127-4ce702bedc...

https://www.codetwo.com/admins-blog/mailtips-in-office-365/

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,871)