Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to process template language expressions

Hi,

I have an Approval flow and on Approval-"time-out" an action is supposed to update the status in a sharepoint-list.

But when the Flow triggers this action I get the error message below.

The action "Update_item_7_-_Timeout" seems to be just fine!

Questions:

Why does it seems that the system use an unvalid connection, and can I change it?

To my understanding "Flows" are personal, so if I use my connection (e-mail) to the Sharepoint-list then that will be changed to the users connection, right?

And all users can access the underlaying Sharepoint-list thru Flow? You don't have to open the list for the whole company explicit?

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_item_7_-_Timeout' inputs at line '1' and column '2120': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline_1']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sharepointonline_1' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_approvals, shared_sharepointonline, shared_flowpush'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Unable to process template language expressions

Hi @Eirik1337 ,

Question1: You could delete the invalid connection you mentioned and reconfigure the connection. As long as the account used to configure the connection has sufficient permissions to use the corresponding service.

Question2: Basically, many Flow actions use personal accounts to create connections. But Flow itself is not only for the individual user, it can also cover some usage scenarios including team/organization/enterprise. You could try to create Team Flow and share your Flow with other users.

Question3: Whether other users can access the specified list, still need to check if they have the specified permissions to access this list.

Finally, regarding the InvalidTemplate, please try to export the Flow as a .zip file and then re-import it as a new Flow. After configuring the connection, this problem can be solved.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Eirik1337 

2 options:

1- reset all connections (your token has timed out)

2- export and re-import the Flow

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eirik1337 ,

Question1: You could delete the invalid connection you mentioned and reconfigure the connection. As long as the account used to configure the connection has sufficient permissions to use the corresponding service.

Question2: Basically, many Flow actions use personal accounts to create connections. But Flow itself is not only for the individual user, it can also cover some usage scenarios including team/organization/enterprise. You could try to create Team Flow and share your Flow with other users.

Question3: Whether other users can access the specified list, still need to check if they have the specified permissions to access this list.

Finally, regarding the InvalidTemplate, please try to export the Flow as a .zip file and then re-import it as a new Flow. After configuring the connection, this problem can be solved.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Wow... this error is no fun. What happens when something like this pops up with a mission-critical application? No good.

1. Resetting all connections: Did not work for me

2. Exporting / Importing Flow (and the PowerApp to a completely different environment!): Did not work for me

Same issue after running App and Flow in new environment:

image.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Wow... I just:
In Flow:

- Deleted the PowerApps Trigger

- ReAdded it

- Saved and Closed

In PowerApps:

- View/DataSources removed the Flow

- File/Save/Publish/Close

- ReOpened the app

- Action/ReAdded the Flow

- It had a different name (imported it into my PROD env with "_PROD" appended) so I updated the .Run code

- Triggered the Flow...

Same issue! (that is a persistent little bugger)

image.png

I think I'll have to completely delete the Flow and ReCreate it! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,665)