cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eirik1337
Level: Powered On

Unable to process template language expressions

Hi,

I have an Approval flow and on Approval-"time-out" an action is supposed to update the status in a sharepoint-list.

But when the Flow triggers this action I get the error message below.

The action "Update_item_7_-_Timeout" seems to be just fine!

Questions:

Why does it seems that the system use an unvalid connection, and can I change it?

To my understanding "Flows" are personal, so if I use my connection (e-mail) to the Sharepoint-list then that will be changed to the users connection, right?

And all users can access the underlaying Sharepoint-list thru Flow? You don't have to open the list for the whole company explicit?

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_item_7_-_Timeout' inputs at line '1' and column '2120': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline_1']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sharepointonline_1' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_approvals, shared_sharepointonline, shared_flowpush'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to process template language expressions

Hi @Eirik1337 

2 options:

1- reset all connections (your token has timed out)

2- export and re-import the Flow

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to process template language expressions

Hi @Eirik1337 ,

Question1: You could delete the invalid connection you mentioned and reconfigure the connection. As long as the account used to configure the connection has sufficient permissions to use the corresponding service.

Question2: Basically, many Flow actions use personal accounts to create connections. But Flow itself is not only for the individual user, it can also cover some usage scenarios including team/organization/enterprise. You could try to create Team Flow and share your Flow with other users.

Question3: Whether other users can access the specified list, still need to check if they have the specified permissions to access this list.

Finally, regarding the InvalidTemplate, please try to export the Flow as a .zip file and then re-import it as a new Flow. After configuring the connection, this problem can be solved.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 518 members 4,511 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: