cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
FlashbackUK
Regular Visitor

Unable to pull new field via Dynamic Content

We have a workflow setup and using Dynamic content - it pulls from a list in SharePoint for one of the columns in the list without issue. I added a new column today, however in the flow I can't see a way to select that new column/value?

 

We have a list referred to as Companies so in other parts of the flow we pull values using Comp:FieldX but I want to now pull Comp:FieldY (where Y is the new column we created and then populated the field with data) but can't seem to get it to update/refresh to see the new column.

 

It's quite a big complex flow, so I'm trying to avoid having to build a new flow just to get the new column/value to show up (as per https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/No-dynamic-content-available-from-Sharepoint-list...). That being said, I did just create a new flow and start setting it up exactly the same and it's still not showing the new column/field in the SharePoint list.

 

Any thoughts or help are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @FlashbackUK 

 

Check the other fields which are not shown under the default view. Also if you are pulling the data from other lists always check the relationship is there or not. Once all the data is there generally it should show up as Dynamic content. So in your case it was the look up relationship. 

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @FlashbackUK 

 

What the new columns data type? Where you trying to dynamically mapping this? Whats the target field data type? Its all depends the UI will show the dynamic content. Add a compose and try to map the new field as well to check whether the field is displaying or not?

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
FlashbackUK
Regular Visitor

Hi @abm 

 

It's the same as the existing - single line of text.

 

The value in the field is just an e-mail address and it's dropping into a variable that we set which is also text. It accepts the original column no worries at all.

 

Can you clarify what you mean by add a compose?

 

Thanks!

Hi @FlashbackUK 

 

The mappings are type safe so sometimes if you trying to map a text field under a numeric filed it won't show up. When you add a compose generally you can map pretty much anything under that. 

 

Did you checked the run history? 

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm

 

When I add in a Compose, the same issue occurs; it doesn't show up.

 

I'm not sure what checking the run history will do, I'm not running the flow as I'm not currently able to put a variable in the TO: box. If I run the flow with the details hard-coded into the action rather than using a variable it works fine, if that's what you're after?

Hi @FlashbackUK 

 

Run history to check the values are retrieving correctly. You can still write those as an expression. Its difficult to explain without looking the flow. If you happy to do a screen share please send me your email.

 

Thanks 



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @FlashbackUK 

 

Check the other fields which are not shown under the default view. Also if you are pulling the data from other lists always check the relationship is there or not. Once all the data is there generally it should show up as Dynamic content. So in your case it was the look up relationship. 

 

Thanks



Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up


Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
FlashbackUK
Regular Visitor

Worked a treat, always difficult when someone else has written a flow and you then have to update it. I assumed the value was just passing through directly from the SharePoint library but that wasn't the case. I added a new field, that then did a lookup against the list. Once that value then populated it was a matter up updating the flow to pull it in.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (5,193)