cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colonel_claypoo
Level: Powered On

Unable to retrieve SharePoint list items from fields of type 'Hyperlink or Picture'

Hi,

I'm looking to use "Get Items' from a SharePoint list.

In the ODATA filter query I simply put the field name I want retrieved which is 'URL'.

When I test this I get an error. Now, I only have the message in German but roughly translated it is:

{
  "status"400,
  "message""the field\"URL\" of type \"URL\" cannot be used with this query filter expression.\r\nclientRequestId: a3182b4c-7645-4362-b391-323a9ec51c25\r\nserviceRequestId: 50d4759e-2052-6000-f5e9-f2703e9090b5"
}

The field type is 'Hyperlink or Picture'.

Then, I tried another field of type 'Person or Group' and I get another error message:

{
  "status"400,
  "message""Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904\r\nclientRequestId: 6aab88ab-00c7-4551-b69e-bbe425d614a2\r\nserviceRequestId: 9ed4759e-b01c-6000-0937-b6d0d9fc3bb1"
}

What could be the issue?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
colonel_claypoo

Re: Unable to retrieve SharePoint list items from fields of type 'Hyperlink or Picture'

I would imagine that what I'm trying to achieve is a very common requirement for Flow. Has anybody an idea what I might be doing wrong? Any pointers to a solution are much appreciated.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to retrieve SharePoint list items from fields of type 'Hyperlink or Picture'

Hi @colonel_claypoo,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the expression you typed in the Filter Query field of get items action?

Have you made a test on other type field?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

colonel_claypoo

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Here's the flow:

chrome_2018-07-02_08-34-08.png

And here's the result:

chrome_2018-07-02_08-40-46.png

The URL field looks like this in the list and is of type 'Hyperlink or Picture':

chrome_2018-07-02_08-43-48.png

However, when I hover over the URL, in the browsers address bar I won't see 'SER EAM TOM' but the actual url pointing to a site collection. Could this have something to do with the error?

Thanks.

colonel_claypoo

I would like to follow this up asking for your help as I'm still puzzled by this behaviour. So far, I've been unable to figure what might be causing the issue or what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas? 

Thanks.

jmathur

@v-yuazh-msft did you ever figure out how to fix this? I'm running into the same problem. 

colonel_claypoo

@v-yuazh-msft, I ran another test, also with a different list from a different site collection but the issue is still the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 287 members 1,918 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: