cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select form responders address in approval condition email when in switch case

Hi there user community,

I am building a flow that utilises a switch case to route approvals to the correct academic tutor, depending on the unit title. The flow is kicked off by a MS Form response completed a the student.

I am finding that the approval condition 'if yes' will not allow me to access the form responder's email address to send them the outcome of the approval. I think that this might be because the approval is nested inside a switch case. In the images below I indicate where I expect to be able to select the email address. All I am offered at the moment is the approver email. 

Is there any way that I can get to the form responder's email address as I can in the simplified flow?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Case with no form responder's email addressCase with no form responder's email addressFlow with no case where I can access the email addressFlow with no case where I can access the email address

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Unable to select form responders address in approval condition email when in switch case

Hi @bobbyscott,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Further, do you click the "See more" button of "Get response details" within right Dynamic content panel?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Within "If/yes" branch of Approval Condition, add a "Send an email" action. Select To field input box, then click "See more" button of "Get response details" within right Dynamic content panel as below:2.JPG

Then the Responder's Email dynamic content would be shown up as below:3.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Unable to select form responders address in approval condition email when in switch case

Hi @bobbyscott,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Further, do you click the "See more" button of "Get response details" within right Dynamic content panel?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Within "If/yes" branch of Approval Condition, add a "Send an email" action. Select To field input box, then click "See more" button of "Get response details" within right Dynamic content panel as below:2.JPG

Then the Responder's Email dynamic content would be shown up as below:3.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Kris,

The See More button has come to the rescue. I've not noticed it before nor had to use it. I'm glad I can access the fields I need to complete my flow. Thanks for taking the time to provide an answer.

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,475)