cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmvignesh
Regular Visitor

Unable to send the mail to Distribution group

Hi,

how to send a mail to distribution group using flow. i am not the member of that group.i need to share the file once got saved in sharepoint  to group members using flow 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmvignesh ,

I have made a test on my side and you could send email to Distribution group, and you just need to enter the Distribution group email address in the send an emil action, it is the same as send an email to a person.

The flow should as screenshot below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @mmvignesh ,

You need to be a member of that group. Also you need to use flow action List group members to get all the group members by Apply to each loop for sending the email notification.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mmvignesh ,

I have made a test on my side and you could send email to Distribution group, and you just need to enter the Distribution group email address in the send an emil action, it is the same as send an email to a person.

The flow should as screenshot below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

knipsa
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue and found a workaround:

Just put the address of the distribution group into a string variable and use this variable in the send mail action.sendMailToDistributionGroup.png

This worked perfectly for me. I found that this would not let me include my E-mail in the TO: field along with the DL variable string. No worries. In this case I am a member of the DL so I was able to receive the Email sent to the DL.

ivanp

knipsa solution also worked perfectly for me - a good workaround - thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,552)