cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
186alx
Regular Visitor

Unable to start recorder

Hi, 

Anyone else getting this message when trying to launch the recorder?
Your UI flow should at least contain one trigger and one action.

Thanks,

Alex

11 REPLIES 11
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @186alx,

Could you please share the error information about your Flow configuration, please?

What's the recorder are you using?

If we could get more information about your issue, it will help us better assist you, thanks.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I am using Edge Version 80.0.361.111 (Official build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro freshly installed, but I learned today that the computer configuration is irrelevant as I decided to test on another tenant, and there it works. On both tenants we haven't purchased any licenses yet, we are using the trial version. 

On the original tenant, I also tried to create a new Power Apps Environment, with no change, the recorder still does not start on the new environment. 

I am not trying to do anything fancy, here is a gif that better shows what I am doing. 

https://imgur.com/fW3Ya9c

Best regards,

Alex

Hi there,

I will follow up offline to try to take a look at logs to see if we can nail down what's happening.

John

Hi @186alx,

Could you please have a try to re-install the UI Flow?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ui-flows/setup#install-ui-flows-on-your-device

During installation, you can change the default settings if you do not want to send usage data to Microsoft. To do so, uncheck Allow Microsoft to collect usage data to improve UI flows.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Do you have a KPI to respond to as many topics as you can with useless information?

Kessenma

@186alx @john-dund 

I am having the same exact issue! I followed tutorial step-by-step (titled: How to create a UI flow to perform basic functions | Microsoft Power Automate). https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=80&v=tfJggC1LzUw&feature=emb_logo

In the video tutorial, at (timestamp) 1:52 the user clicks "save" in the UI flow recorder application and the UI flows website displays this: 

However, on my computer when I click "save" in the UI flow recorder application after I have recorded my flow UI flows website looks like this:

image.png

It appears that the UI Flows website is not recognizing that I have recorded a flow. It also does not port over my "outputs" I created in the video. 

Apologies it looks like my images are not uploading properly on this site: 

Image 1:
1.png

Image 2: 

2.png

Thanks all for the information.  We are looking into this on our side.  You don't happen to be in the GCC region do you?

Hi John @john-dund

I am not with the GCC region (I think that is the government based on this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/new-datacenter-regions). I am in North America on the GCCT program (Ford Automotive) -- if that rings any bells for you. 

Recently, I got on a call with one of my coworkers and we tried to figure out if the root cause of this issue was a "Ford Automotive" issue or if it is a "Microsoft UI Flows" issue. On this call we went into developer tools in Chrome and did the following: 

Dev tools directions:

1.) Pressed F12 to open the Dev tools in Chrome

2.) Opened the Network tab 

Reproductive steps: 

1.) open a UI flow 

2.) add the Recorded Action to the Flow

3.) click "Record App" button" 

4.) in the network tab in the Dev Tools click "XHR" at the top

5.) find any headers highlighted in red

6.) we encountered this error: 

{error: {code: "NonExistentSettingGroup",…}}

error: {code: "NonExistentSettingGroup",…}

code: "NonExistentSettingGroup"

message: "The setting group 'powerApps_makerSettings' does not exist."

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one.

Could you confirm if you are still facing the same issue.

@abhishah  Yes, I confirm.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,284)