Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Athar
Level: Powered On

Unable to update MailChimp if Contact Email address is changed in Dynamics 365

Hi,

I want to update MailChimp record if contact's email address is changed in Dynamics 365/CRM. Here's what I tried but it doesn't work.

Dynamic 365: When a record is updated
INPUTS
1) Organization Name = ABC - DEV
2) Entity Name = Contacts

MailChimp: Update member information
INPUTS
1) List Id = ABC MC Marketing List
2) Member email = Email
3) Status = subscribed
4) First Name = First Name
5) Last Name = Last Name

Execution: In Dynamics 365, I have a contact as (First Name = John, Last Name = Smith, Email = john@abc.com). I changed the email to John.Smith@abc.com. Flow executes but throws an error as below;

{
  "type""http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/guides/error-glossary/",
  "title""Resource Not Found",
  "status"404,
  "detail""The requested resource could not be found.",
  "instance""5771d06f-ec3c-4eaf-ba45-68f47040be99"

}

when checking the failed flow details, it's showing Email = John.Smith@abc.com which is not available MailChimp.

Please suggest how can I achieve this scenario or is not possible to acheive through flow?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to update MailChimp if Contact Email address is changed in Dynamics 365

Hi @Athar,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you fill the Email Dynamic content from the trigger within the Member email field of "Update member information" as below?16.JPG

The error message told that the specific resource that you request is not found, I think there are something wrong with your flow.

Firstly, if you want to update MailChimp record when the Contact's email address is changed in Dynamics 365/CRM, I think there is something wrong with the trigger within your flow. The "When a record is updated" trigger of Dynamics 365 connector could not detect if the contact's email address has been changed, in other words, if other properties (e.g. Last Name, First Name, etc.) have been changed, your flow would also be fired well.

Secondly, the Member email field of "Update member information" action is required to fill the unique email address of the member, the "Update member of information" action find the specific member via the unique email address.

I suppose that you store same email address (e.g. john@abc.com) within the contact in Dynamics 365 and the member of MailChimp list before updating, is it true? When the contact's email address is changed (changed into John.Smith@abc.com) in Dynamics 365, your flow would be fired, the Email dynamic content the trigger ("When a record is updated") returned is the modified email address (John.Smith@abc.com), but the email address (john@abc.com) within the member of your MailChimp list is not changed, so the "Resource Not Found" issue occured.

The output of Email Dynamic content is the modified email address rather than the previous (old) email address, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Athar
Level: Powered On

Re: Unable to update MailChimp if Contact Email address is changed in Dynamics 365

Really appreciate your detailed response and explaining the way it's working. It's exactly how did you describe and conculsion is correct. Edit won't be possible becuase of mismatch between new email (Dynamics 365) vs old email (mismatch) which is the primary key for this connector. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 225 members 4,690 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: