cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuyogD03
Regular Visitor

Unable to update a row in Excel Table with Date Timestamp as key values

Hi All,

I have to update a row in the excel table with the date as a key value. I am getting these values in the dd-MMM-yy (10-Apr-21) format. Whatever conversion format I use my flow fails with 'No row was found with Id '2021-04-10T00:00:00.000Z' error.

Excel.png

However, I have this value present in excel. Get rows shows me the data mentioned below:

ExcelData.png

The error message is as below:

ErrorScreen.JPG

Anyone, can you please help me solving this issue?

@manuelstgomes, I have seen your comment on a similar issue. It will be helpful if you can provide me some hints to fix this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilippeR
Resolver I
Resolver I

hello quick question

whats the value of a cell in column date in excel ?

2021-04-01 or 2021-04-10T00:00:00.000Z ?

SuyogD03
Regular Visitor

Thanks @PhilippeR,

Yes, the date in the excel is in 2021-04-10T00:00:00.000Z format.

manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @SuyogD03 

Data columns are a pain as key columns. What you see (a date formatted based on your locale) in Excel is not what's stored in Excel. It stores dates as numbers. I have a detailed explanation here.

I'm not 100% sure, but when comparing the value from Power Automate (a formatted date) to Excel if it considers the number or the formatted date to do the comparison. I would almost bet that it's the first case.

Do you really need that the date is the key value?

Cheers
Manuel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the response @manuelstgomes  and sorry about the delay.

Yes, the date is an important key column. I have created a workaround with the numeric key column but I don't think business will be happy in changing to anything else other than the date for a daily reporting process.

I believe, there should be a bridge to convert data (dd-MMM-yy) format to Serial number (Something that excels understand date as ). This might solve the issue too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (13,028)