cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsl1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Unable to update lookup column with null

This is a recent new error that started sometime yesterday.

I have a Flow that connects to my Dataverse table and removes existing record in a lookup column (from system user table) by inserting null. This action is using Dataverse: Update a row and looks like this:

hsl1_1-1634341260068.png

This flow worked correctly until yesterday morning where I received the error message "An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException" (full message attached below).

Was there a change to how null is handled in dataverse lookup column? Is there a different syntax I need to use to make this work?

Any help would be appreciated!

"An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: The 'odata.bind' instance or property annotation has a null value. In OData, the 'odata.bind' instance or property annotation must have a non-null string value.\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightDeserializer.ReadAndValidateAnnotationStringValue(String annotationName)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightDeserializer.ReadAndValidateAnnotationStringValueAsUri(String annotationName)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightResourceDeserializer.ReadEntryPropertyAnnotationValue(String propertyAnnotationName)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightDeserializer.ReadODataOrCustomInstanceAnnotationValue(String annotatedPropertyName, String annotationName, PropertyAndAnnotationCollector propertyAndAnnotationCollector, Func`2 readPropertyAnnotationValue)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightDeserializer.ParseProperty(PropertyAndAnnotationCollector propertyAndAnnotationCollector, Func`2 readPropertyAnnotationValue, String& parsedPropertyName)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightDeserializer.ProcessProperty(PropertyAndAnnotationCollector propertyAndAnnotationCollector, Func`2 readPropertyAnnotationValue, Action`2 handleProperty)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightResourceDeserializer.ReadResourceContent(IODataJsonLightReaderResourceState resourceState)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightReader.StartReadingResource()\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightReader.ReadResourceSetItemStart(PropertyAndAnnotationCollector propertyAndAnnotationCollector, SelectedPropertiesNode selectedProperties)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightReader.ReadAtStartImplementationSynchronously(PropertyAndAnnotationCollector propertyAndAnnotationCollector)\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.ODataReaderCore.ReadImplementation()\r\n   at Microsoft.OData.ODataReaderCore.InterceptException[T](Func`1 action)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataReaderExtensions.ReadResourceOrResourceSet(ODataReader reader)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.Read(ODataMessageReader messageReader, Type type, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger)"

4 REPLIES 4
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hsl1 :

I've made a test but did no encountered the problem you mentioned:

1\My Table

vbofengmsft_0-1634538280024.png

2\My flow

vbofengmsft_1-1634538315625.png

The Result:

vbofengmsft_2-1634538330992.png

Please check if the lookup column is a Required column?(If so,it can not be updated to null)

vbofengmsft_3-1634538375517.png

Best Regards,

Bof

hsl1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @v-bofeng-msft,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I replicated your steps in my environment, but running into the same error as before.

I populated the user_lookup column first and tried to remove it with null in Flow. Not sure if that makes a difference.

hsl1_2-1634586147573.png

hsl1_3-1634586197646.png

Result:

hsl1_4-1634586223172.png

hsl1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Interesting find on my end, old "Update a row" is working as intended.

hsl1_0-1634589200394.png

Result:

hsl1_1-1634589216851.png

Hi @hsl1 :

Is this problem solved?What can I do for you?

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,410)