cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRG_Jeff

'Unauthorized' error when trying to send email notification

I'm tryin setup a very simple flow using a template that triggers on a new form submission.  The form in question has just one entry field.  However, I get an 'unauthorized' message when the flow gets to the send email notification section.

JRG_Jeff_0-1642099688209.png

The flow connector shows no problems.

JRG_Jeff_1-1642099783927.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've already read other posts about this error, but none of them seem to apply.  There is no blocked IP address from the source of the email, and there are no attachments involved in the email.

3 REPLIES 3
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey @JRG_Jeff 

I had a similar problem in the past and then I got to know that Microsoft recommends using the Office 365 Send Mail connector instead See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sendmail/

CFernandes_0-1642104846726.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

JRG_Jeff

Hi CFernandes,

Thanks for the response, but that's the connector I'm already using. I've removed the connect, and I've removed the step; however, the problem still remains with this most recent connector.

I ended up changing it to the "Send an email (V2)" action, and it worked perfectly.  There must be a problem with V3.

THANK YOU! for posting this.  I had a similar experience.  Everything was set up right, but it wouldn't send the email.  V3 was the culprit and switching to V2 fixed it all.  I couldn't find that solution anywhere else.

(I know your response was from January, but it's always nice to know when you've helped someone)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,444)