cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unauthorized error

Hi,

Currently, my Flow is loops through folders & subfolders and copies files from an FTP directory but for some reason the flow doesn't copy all the files - after I run the flow again, some of the uncopied files are copied and when I run the flow for the third time all the remaining files are copied.  I haven't gotten to the bottom of the why this happens, but there are some "Unauthorized" errors. I ifnd it strange that some files are copied and others aren't. Can anyone help me on this?

Picture of my Flow:

Flow.PNG

Heres the FTP directory: ftp://ted.europa.eu/daily-packages/2018/

Credentials: guest & guest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help dinesh!

The problem is a limiter on the connector. This loop works as long as I add delays to my Flow.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick fix would be to run the Flow 3-4 times in a row - is that possible?

You could set the run after on the actions.

Also , you could add an Compose action after the failing action. Set the run after to fail, success, time out. Then set the cOmpose value to some of the output from the failing action. Maybe you can get more detail on the error.

I think that you are hitting a limit on the connector only allowing you to connect X times with in Y minutes. Looping willl most likely not resolve the issue. Or maybe some files are not supported or anything else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Do-Until loops to repeat the actions. Enclose all your actions inside the Do-Until scope

Capture

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the response!

Hitting a limit on the connector seems like a feasible culprit since looping didn't resolve the issue.

I added a delay for each step and the performance increased - albeit it's a very inefficient fix. Maybe Flow isn't the best tool for this and I'll have to try some other RPA tool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help dinesh!

The problem is a limiter on the connector. This loop works as long as I add delays to my Flow.

View solution in original post

Hey, @Anonymous!

Thank you for posting to the Flow Community Forum! It appears you have found a solution to your issue! If you feel as though your issue has been solved and you are satisfied with one of the previous replies, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify! Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,916)