cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sstrickland
Level: Powered On

Unique calendar event IDs in Outlook

I am trying to create a flow that creates an Outlook event when a new item is added to a SharePoint calendar. I would also like to update and delete the Outlook events as the items are updated on the SharePoint calendar. I thought I had it all worked out, but I have found that the Outlook ID field (which is described as the event's unique identifier) really isn't a unique ID. My flows work fine when I only have one event on the calendar, but when I add a second event, that event is given the same Outlook ID as the first event so my first entry gets modified to match my second entry. (Using the trigger when an item is created in Sharepoint, I have then created an event in Outlook. After that, I have used the Outlook Get Events (V2) action, SharePoint Get Items action, added a condition to match the subject of each, with an if yes outcome of updating the Sharepoint item with the Outlook ID field.)

I have looked at a number of questions/responses on this forum regarding this issue, but I cannot figure out what I have done wrong to match only one Outlook ID to each SharePoint item that is entered. I thought, as an alternative, I could link the events with the SharePoint item ID, but I cannot figure out how to add that information to the Outlook Create Event (V2) action.

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unique calendar event IDs in Outlook

Hi @sstrickland ,

From your description, I guess that you would like to create/update Outlook calendar event when a new event is created on SharePoint calendar.

I set up a flow likes below for your scenario.

Before creating the event from SharePoint list to Outlook calendar, use a variable to check if it already exists or not. If yes, update the existing one, if no, create a new one.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@sstrickland 

I have been running a pais of flows for the last year:

-one flow creates an event in Office 365 calendar, store its ID in a sharepoint list item

-another flow monitors specific changes on this same sharepoint list items, when a condition is reached it also updates the event by using the stored ID

Under this approach, I haven't found any event ID duplication issue

Hope this helps

If anyone is trying to help you with an issue, the fastest way to say thanks is by kudoing. Be grateful, Thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sstrickland ,

From your description, I guess that you would like to create/update Outlook calendar event when a new event is created on SharePoint calendar.

I set up a flow likes below for your scenario.

Before creating the event from SharePoint list to Outlook calendar, use a variable to check if it already exists or not. If yes, update the existing one, if no, create a new one.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,917)