cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdmcali
Advocate I
Advocate I

Update/Add New Row Google Sheet from Sharepoint list

I am trying to setup a flow that will add a new row to a google sheet file or edit an existing row in a google sheet file from a sharepoint list. I have tried setting up conditions and/or variables according to other posts I have seen and it does not seem to be working. I would like when a employee adds a list item, it will create a new row in the google sheet. When they edit that line in the list, it will update the spreadsheet. Seems like it would be pretty simple but can't get it to work.

Here is what I setup:

Screenshot at Nov 14 15-31-34.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cdmcali ,

Thanks to @alice1  for reminding us that we can use _PowerAppsId_ to update the row.

You could refer to the following method to configure Flow.

Since the SP ID and the Item ID are the same, you can use the Filter array to filter out whether the Google sheet has the same row.

If not, insert a new row; if not, use Condition to filter out the existing row and update the row.

Image reference:

116.PNG117.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cdmcali ,

Updating the rows in the Google Sheet requires the use of the Row id, which requires you to specify a column in advance in Google Sheet. Similar to the Primary key, you need to specify a Unique identifier for a row in order to get the specified row and update it.

Have you done this kind of operation? Unfortunately, I searched a lot of related articles, but I have not found a suitable method to specify unique identifier.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have not found a way to do the identifier. I was able to setup a flow that worked better but when it goes to update it is giving me the error: Row with key '5' not found. clientRequestId: 15f6caf3-3c6b-4515-a15e-069a0604d13b

alice1
Frequent Visitor

cdmcali,

Instead of "Current item," scroll further down and look for _PowerAppsId_. When you trigger "Get rows" in Automate, the system will always automatically create a column in Google Sheet and assign _PowerAppsId_ to every row. This is how you tell the system which row to update. 

Side note, I usually hide that column if there are other users who uses the Sheet to avoid any complication. 

Hi @cdmcali ,

Thanks to @alice1  for reminding us that we can use _PowerAppsId_ to update the row.

You could refer to the following method to configure Flow.

Since the SP ID and the Item ID are the same, you can use the Filter array to filter out whether the Google sheet has the same row.

If not, insert a new row; if not, use Condition to filter out the existing row and update the row.

Image reference:

116.PNG117.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Hello,

I have tried this solution and the Flow just adds a new row, instead of updating an existing row.  I have followed the instructions provided.  Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

Krickner_0-1619807590309.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,751)