Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khaycock
Helper III
Helper III

Update Apply to Each Sharepoint Item

Hello,

I have a two versions of a Parse to get 2 different html links from a Form. These then update 2 versions of the same Sharepoint List (there will only ever be one type of html link in the form so I figured this would be okay).

html1.PNG

However, later on in the form, I need to update this list with the approval result but because there are two ID's within two Apply to each's, I'm not sure what ID to put to get them updated? id1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@khaycock 

First, create a variable to store the ID - do this near the top of your Flow.  After the create item action on both sides of your condition, set the variable equal to the ID.  Supply the variable as the ID for you Update item action.

Let me know if this needs additional explanation.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kikoger
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

you should use the action "Initialize variable" at the top and define a variable of type string at the top of the flow. After each of the create item actions, insert "Set variable" actions and set the value of the variable to the ID of the Created items. You can then use the variable as the ID for the update item action later on in the Flow.

ID Var.png

Max

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@khaycock 

First, create a variable to store the ID - do this near the top of your Flow.  After the create item action on both sides of your condition, set the variable equal to the ID.  Supply the variable as the ID for you Update item action.

Let me know if this needs additional explanation.

Scott

View solution in original post

Hi @ScottShearer 

Thanks for your help. I've done the appending to variable but the option to add as the ID on the Update Item isn't displaying in Dynamic content. Do I need to manually type it?

html2.PNG

@khaycock 

Change your variable type to an integer - then it should be available when completing the ID in the Update item action.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,223)