Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derek4
Helper III
Helper III

Update BFP stage

Hi All,

I'm following this article: Update Business Process Flow stages using Power Automate/Microsoft Flow - Power of Power Platform

everything is ok until the last step which is update the BPF stage to next stage, I get an error:

微信截图_20210223161554.png

微信截图_20210223161025.png

微信截图_20210223161156.png

Can anyone help me with it?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Derek4,

I was able to reproduce it. I think there is a workaround to reference the related lookup records in an update a row action:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/microsoftdynamicscrmsolutions/posts/solved-resource-not-found-f...

Can you try the approach below to resolve the resource not found for segment error?

processstages(guid)
yourcustomentity(guid)
workflows(guid)

updatearow_lookups.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Derek4,

As far as I am aware you have to update the Business Process Flow instance record via the Business process entity in order to progress to another stage.

Just to double check, is the Approval Process for Management of Change the main entity/table or is it the Business Process Flow entity?

In the link you shared they also use the BPF entity record (Work Order Business Process) to update to a next stage and and not the entity record (Work Orders).

Hi @Expiscornovus ,

How to "update the Business Process Flow instance record via the Business process entity"?

My CDS entity is "B-HSE-FRM-032 Management of Change".

The BPF I created for the CDS entity is "Approval Process for Management of Change".

Actually my flow trigger is "When BPF stage updates" and not "When CDS entity status field update" and I'm using the BPF stage as switch for my approvals, after approval I update the BPF stage accordingly:

Screenshot 2021-02-23 201958.pngScreenshot 2021-02-23 202044.png

Screenshot 2021-02-23 201347.png

as my trigger is different, I think I can skip some steps from the article but I didn't.

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Derek4,

I was able to reproduce it. I think there is a workaround to reference the related lookup records in an update a row action:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/microsoftdynamicscrmsolutions/posts/solved-resource-not-found-f...

Can you try the approach below to resolve the resource not found for segment error?

processstages(guid)
yourcustomentity(guid)
workflows(guid)

updatearow_lookups.png

View solution in original post

Hi @Expiscornovus ,

Problem solved!

I tried the Processid(GUID) and it worked as a charm!

Thank you!!!

Do you know if this an known issue? do I need to use this expression every time?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (56,295)