cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Created By field to Raised by in Sharepoint

Hi,

I have a flow which creates an item on the "Private" sharepoint list when a user selects Private in the Private or Public list, and deletes the private item from the "Public" SP list. Else, create the item in the "Public" SP list. ss2020.PNG

I have set up the Private list so that users can only see the items which they have created by ticking the 'Read items that were created by the user' option. However, with this flow, Created By is set to default to me, as I have created this flow, which makes this setting invalid i.e. users who created / raised the item wont see the it because Created by equals myself.

How do I work around this? Can i get flow to update created by to Raised By (a person/group lookup field) which I have?

Regards,

I

3 REPLIES 3
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can try and update the author user the rest API

See examplehere

http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/2/flowninja-hack-78-modifying-modified-by-and-modified-time-with-micros...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gristy ,

In the example which you had referred to, the author is defined. However, in my SP list, the user who creates the list item could be anyone who has access to this user. How can I achieve this?

Regards,

I

Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The Create Item runs as the user the connection is on. i.e. yourself.

You need to do that and then update the Author column when whomever you need to maybe from the triggers author?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,949)