cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Update Dynamics 365 Activity with Lookup Value

Hi, 

I'm trying Power Automate to fill in an account (custom field) lookup field on a Dynamics 365 custom activity record. But I cannot seem to make it work. The flow below works fine until the update record step. I get either error messages or completed flows without any update on the target record. In the flow I first capture the account from the regarding contact that is always filled in. But the problem is at the updating lookup step.

I tried many options to fill the lookup;

- Some blogs https://crmtipoftheday.com/1311/use-entity-name-in-flow-lookups/ say a lookup should be entered as accounts(...) with the accountid within the brackets. This gives me erros

- If I fill the account_id that I found in the Get Account step, the flow works fine, but does not update the activity record lookup.

- I can also not find the Common Data Service connector some people talk about. I can only find the Dynamics 365 connector - I checked my license also has a CDS option checked.

Help is appreciated,

Kind regards

Lookup.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Always nice to fix your own issues.

So what fixed this:

- using the accountId from the Get Contact step (Instead of the one from the Get Account step). Don't know why. By my logic the Get Account step also has the account_id, and was working.

- not using any parentheses; accounts('accountid') was not working. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Always nice to fix your own issues.

So what fixed this:

- using the accountId from the Get Contact step (Instead of the one from the Get Account step). Don't know why. By my logic the Get Account step also has the account_id, and was working.

- not using any parentheses; accounts('accountid') was not working. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Glad to know there is already has a solution by yourself 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,167)