cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vikesh
Level: Power Up

Update Dynamics 365 record - All optionset label fields being selected for update. 414 - Request URI too long

Hi,

I'm trying to update a contact record in Dynamics 365 using Flow.

I've identified the record passed it to the "Update a Record" action.

I'm updating one date field from the list of fields, however all of the optionset label fields are being selected in the update request. Due to this I am getting an error with statuscode 414 - RequestUriTooLong.

Is there a way to have the request only update the date field that is being specified and ignore all of the Optionset fields? 

When peaking at the code behind the Update a record action I can also see the fields being specified, below is an extract of the fields:

"body": {
"_xx_clientstatuses_label": "",
"_preferredcontactmethodcode_label": "",
"_xx_title1_label": "",
"_xx_3rdattendance_label": "",
"_xx_addnewloc_label": "",
"_address1_addresstypecode_label": "",
"_address1_freighttermscode_label": "",
"_address2_addresstypecode_label": "",
"_address3_addresstypecode_label": "",
"xx_dateofbirthul": "@items('Apply_to_each')?['xx_dateofbirthdateonly']",
"_xx_dbsselect_label": "",

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Update Dynamics 365 record - All optionset label fields being selected for update. 414 - Request URI too long

Hi @Vikesh 

Firstly, the record identifier you are using is not correct. Update the flow as shown in the screenshot: 

ccs.PNG

Assign the dynamic field values to all the fields that you want to update. Run the flow and check if you continue to face the issue. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Update Dynamics 365 record - All optionset label fields being selected for update. 414 - Request URI too long

Hi @Vikesh 

Can you please share a screenshot of the flow? That way we might better identify the issue and assist you with this. 

Vikesh

@yashag2255 

Flow.png

There's only one field being specified to be updated in the Update record function.

Seems like I need a way to remove the optionset label fields from the request that is being generated (as seen when peaking the code)

{
    "inputs": {
        "host": {
            "connection": {
                "name": "@parameters('$connections')['shared_dynamicscrmonline']['connectionId']"
            }
        },
        "method": "patch",
        "body": {
            "_xx_title1_label": "",
            "_xx_3rdparty_label": "",
            "_xx_addnewtime_label": "",
            "_address1_addresstypecode_label": "",
            "_address1_freighttermscode_label": "",
            "_address2_addresstypecode_label": "",
            "_address3_addresstypecode_label": "",
            "xx_ageinyearssimple": 12,
            "_xx_doyoualreadyhavetime_label": "",
            "_xx_finalchoice_label": "",
            "_xx_anycreds_label": "",
            "_parentcustomerid_type": "",
            "_customersizecode_label": "",
            "_xx_anotheroption_label": ""
        },
        "path": "/datasets/@{encodeURIComponent(encodeURIComponent('org0000000.crm00'))}/tables/@{encodeURIComponent(encodeURIComponent('contacts'))}/items/@{encodeURIComponent(encodeURIComponent(items('Apply_to_each')))}",
        "authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"
    },
    "metadata": {
        "flowSystemMetadata": {
            "swaggerOperationId": "PatchItem"
        }
    }
}

I can't see any options to do so and am not sure why they are even being sent as empty strings.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Vikesh 

Can you share an expanded view of the flow? Are you listing and updating the records of the same entity? 

Vikesh

@yashag2255 

Yes, listing and updating the same records - contacts

There is a lot of fields on the contact entity so would take a lot of screenshots, below are all the fields that have some input against them.

Flow Detail 1.PNG

Flow Detail 2.PNG

Age in Years (Simple) is a whole number field, simply trying to save the value 12 against that field. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Vikesh 

Firstly, the record identifier you are using is not correct. Update the flow as shown in the screenshot: 

ccs.PNG

Assign the dynamic field values to all the fields that you want to update. Run the flow and check if you continue to face the issue. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Vikesh

Thanks again fro your help @yashag2255 

Solved both my issues promptly! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,992)