cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheppegr
Frequent Visitor

Update Event Attribute with send an http request to SharePoint (falldayEvent)

All,

Scenario - Leave Request Calendar - People add request to calendar, This kicks off an approval to the manager. If the Manager approves, it then adds the entry to the Departmental Time Off Calendar. If it is rejected, then the person is sent an email, and the event is deleted from the request calendar. (or marked as Red - versus Green, Still working on that)

The issue that arose, is with the All day event to the Departmental Calendar. Since the all day event attribute isn't currently exposed in Create item, the suggestions all point to the Send an Http Request to SharePoint.

I have been searching for solutions on how to update a SP Calendar event to and all day event.

I have found numerous blogs, and post the have the solution being after creating the event, to use the send an http request to SharePoint and then update it in the body via json.

so here is the flow i have created.

sheppegr_0-1610647076176.pngsheppegr_1-1610647109196.png

here is the expansion of condition 2 (if it doesn't exist in second calendar)

sheppegr_3-1610647340839.png

Ok everything works all the way up to the send task

Here is my Send Request

sheppegr_4-1610647551307.png

here is the error

sheppegr_5-1610647617794.png

inputs:

sheppegr_6-1610647711886.png

here is the output:

sheppegr_7-1610647834804.png

Any directional help is apprecaited. This is my first time using the Send an Http Request. so not sure if its my JSON formating, or what.

Thanks In advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sheppegr
Frequent Visitor

I have come up with the solution for this.
I have had to use a Send to HTTP request.

I ran into two errors. 

1. there is a known issue of when you cut and paste from another location, the Json ' turn into ` so it will drop an error. This was very frustrating, but if you type it, it works fine. 

The other is the end date and event date in the HTTP body. If i used the same enddate for both. This keeps it at a same day all day event.

I hope this helps those who are trying to do an all day calendar event. 

sheppegr_0-1612903140465.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Are you trying to create all-day event OR Update one? For Update, I think you need to change the HTTP method from POST to Patch...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
sheppegr
Frequent Visitor

would it be better to take out the Create Item....and do it all by a post method via Send an http request to SharePoint?

sheppegr
Frequent Visitor

I have come up with the solution for this.
I have had to use a Send to HTTP request.

I ran into two errors. 

1. there is a known issue of when you cut and paste from another location, the Json ' turn into ` so it will drop an error. This was very frustrating, but if you type it, it works fine. 

The other is the end date and event date in the HTTP body. If i used the same enddate for both. This keeps it at a same day all day event.

I hope this helps those who are trying to do an all day calendar event. 

sheppegr_0-1612903140465.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,459)