cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yudistara
Level: Powered On

Update Event (V2) and send the updated event to all Attendees.

I have a SharePoint calendar list called: "Stay Calendar" When an item is created in this calendar it goes through content approval. And when the item is approved(using OOTB approval process) I have a FLOW called "Stay Calendar FLOW" which will Create event (using Create Event(V2)) and sends calendar invitation to all attendees that are in included in the event's attendees.s

stay cal Untitled picture.pngStay Calendar Flow

I also created another FLOW called Update Calendar FLOW, that should update the respective attendees with the updated event info when a particular event is updated. Meaning when a particular event in "Stay Calendar" is updated (say Day or time or Title) and when the updated event is approved, the Update Calendar FLOW should update all attendees with the updated outlook invitation. But my Update Calendar FLOW doesn't seem to work. Any advice is appreciated. 

Update Calendar FLOW Untitled picture.pngUpdate Calendar FLOW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update Event (V2) and send the updated event to all Attendees.

Hi @Yudistara,

Could you please show more details about the issue within your flow?

Further, could you please show a bit more about the error message?

I think there is something issue with your Stay Calendar Flow, the "Create event (V2)" action would create Outlook events within your Outlook calendar based on the amount of the Attendees of the new created SharePoint calendar event. In other words, if there are 4 attendees within your new created SharePoint calendar event, the "Create event (V2)" action would create 4 events within your Outlook calendar.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

Stay Calendar Flow:

• Add a "When an item is created" trigger, specify Site Address and List Name set to your Event list.
  • Add a Variables->"Initialize variable" action, Name set to Attendees, Type set to String and Value set to empty.
  • Add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to Attendees dynamic content of the trigger. Within "Apply to each" action, add a Compose action, Inputs field set to following formula:
concat(item()?['Email'],';',variables('Attendees'))

Add a "Set variable" action, Name set to Attendees, Value set to output of the "Compose" action.

• Under "Apply to each" action, add a "Create event (V2)" action, specify Calendar id, Required attendees field set to Attendees variable, type ID dynamic content of the trigger within the Body field of the "Create event (V2)" action, Is HTML field set to Yes.

Image reference:16.JPG

17.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:

18.JPG

19.JPG

Update Calendar Flow:20.JPG

21.JPG

Within Condition box of the "Filter array" action, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@and(contains(item()?['Body'], string(triggerBody()?['ID'])),contains(item()?['Body'], triggerBody()?['Description']))

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Yudistara,

Could you please show more details about the issue within your flow?

Further, could you please show a bit more about the error message?

I think there is something issue with your Stay Calendar Flow, the "Create event (V2)" action would create Outlook events within your Outlook calendar based on the amount of the Attendees of the new created SharePoint calendar event. In other words, if there are 4 attendees within your new created SharePoint calendar event, the "Create event (V2)" action would create 4 events within your Outlook calendar.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

Stay Calendar Flow:

• Add a "When an item is created" trigger, specify Site Address and List Name set to your Event list.
  • Add a Variables->"Initialize variable" action, Name set to Attendees, Type set to String and Value set to empty.
  • Add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to Attendees dynamic content of the trigger. Within "Apply to each" action, add a Compose action, Inputs field set to following formula:
concat(item()?['Email'],';',variables('Attendees'))

Add a "Set variable" action, Name set to Attendees, Value set to output of the "Compose" action.

• Under "Apply to each" action, add a "Create event (V2)" action, specify Calendar id, Required attendees field set to Attendees variable, type ID dynamic content of the trigger within the Body field of the "Create event (V2)" action, Is HTML field set to Yes.

Image reference:16.JPG

17.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:

18.JPG

19.JPG

Update Calendar Flow:20.JPG

21.JPG

Within Condition box of the "Filter array" action, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@and(contains(item()?['Body'], string(triggerBody()?['ID'])),contains(item()?['Body'], triggerBody()?['Description']))

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

samstamey
Level: Power Up

Hello,

I am trying to create a flow for a sharepoint calendar that when someone enters an an event it will go through an approval process then will be posted to a sharepoint calendar once it's approved. It sounds like you have a solution for that. Would you mind sharing that wth me?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 225 members 6,466 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: