Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliciaDG
Helper III
Helper III

Update Events in Calendar When Excel is Updated

Hi 

I have been reading and following a couple of threads to try and make this work however i dont know what im doing wrong. 

The original flow is working. what i am trying to do is update a calender event from an google excel document. however every time i try a couple of solutions it either doesnt work or currently every hour it adds a new event. i dont want to delete the row from the excel document.

the first image is what i am unable to input as condition tab doesnt allow me to enter the code.

the second image is my current flowunable to add this.PNG

Social media info.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AliciaDG,

So the Flow will run every hour to create a new event, what's bored you is the repeat event, right?

How about creating a column in the Excel file named "Created"? Set its value to "Yes" or "No". When a new row is added in the Excel file, set "Created" to "No". If the row has been created in Calendar event, set its value to "Yes". 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!
My suggestion is to add empty() based expression on the left side of your condition rule.
And add expression 'true' on the right side of your condition rule, as in the following example:
https://crmtipoftheday.com/1257/learn-compose-action-in-flow/
Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks I tried that but i dont think im doing it right. is there another way?

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AliciaDG,

So the Flow will run every hour to create a new event, what's bored you is the repeat event, right?

How about creating a column in the Excel file named "Created"? Set its value to "Yes" or "No". When a new row is added in the Excel file, set "Created" to "No". If the row has been created in Calendar event, set its value to "Yes". 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,231)