cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAT70

Update Excel table row with data from second Microsoft Form

I'm new to Power Automate and trying to set up a flow that takes data from a Microsoft Form and enters it into an Excel table. So far so good. I want to add another piece of data a couple of hours later. I have set up a delay and then a phone notification which prompts me to complete a second Microsoft form with the additional information. I've got it working this far. However, I can't then get the Excel Table to update the correct line (the most recent entry from Form 1) with the correct data from Form 2. It is definitely referencing the correct forms but it is picking up the wrong line of data. I can see that it is picking up the data from the row associated with Form 1's latest ID. (e.g. if the latest entry in Microsoft Form 1 is 27, it takes entry 27 from Form 2 rather than the last entry which might be 32.) I hope that makes sense.

I know there is something wrong with the Response ID but I don't know how to fix it. How can I get the flow to find the last entry from Form 2. Is there a workaround for this?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 7.24.45 pm.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RAT70,

Could you please tell me that if the two forms are the same form?

Do you want to update the same excel table based on the same form that is submitted twice before and after?

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi Qi! Thanks for the response. No, they are different forms. Yes, I want to update the same excel table but with data from the second form only.

Hi @RAT70,

Then you should get the ResponseId from the second form and update the excel table.

Choose the ResponseId from the second trigger instead of the first trigger.

Best Regards,
Qi
RAT70

Thanks. I think this is what I have done but it updates the line in the table that corresponds to the ResponseID from the first form. So, if the data I want to use from Form 2 is a response ID of, say, 32 but the latest entry on the table (the last entry from Form 1) is, say 27, it will use Form 2's line 27 not it's 32. So hard to explain this. Does that make sense?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,450)