cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cripp88
Level: Powered On

Update File - Doesn't Work in Condition or Switch

I created a Flow today that I've done several times - When an email is received, get the attachment (Excel), update a OneDrive file with the content, create a table in the document, and list rows present in the table. This all worked absolutely fine.

I have three different emails with the same attachment that can be sent, so I wanted to managed these with one Flow. I knew that I couldn't update the same file - if the emails were received close together, two instances of the Flow would be trying to update the file simultaneously and there would be conflicts. So I created three 'processing' files.

However, I've tried managing the structure using Conditions and Switch, but the Update File action fails. I've stripped it back to the original structure and it starts to work again. Is there a bug when using Update File within conditions/switched?

When using a condition, the error is 'file locked or checked out'. When using switch, it just says 'unexpected exception'.

I've tried deleting the files and recreating them within Excel Online so they should be checked in. The issue still happens.

locked file 1.PNGlocked file 2.PNGlocked file 3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update File - Doesn't Work in Condition or Switch

Hi @Cripp88,

I have reproduced your Flow, but I do not find the same issue, the update file in the branch of Switch could run successfully.

What's your file content input in the update file?

Annotation 2019-10-21 094417.png

Run result:

Annotation 2019-10-21 094528.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update File - Doesn't Work in Condition or Switch

Hi @Cripp88,

I have reproduced your Flow, but I do not find the same issue, the update file in the branch of Switch could run successfully.

What's your file content input in the update file?

Annotation 2019-10-21 094417.png

Run result:

Annotation 2019-10-21 094528.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,691)