cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
JamesMac
Frequent Visitor

Update File Properties - Lookup Column

I have a Power Automate Flow that creates a file in a document library, which works as expected. However, when I add an action to update the file properties, document library lookup columns do not show up as a property that can be updated in the Flow. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to update a document library lookup column?
 
JamesMac_0-1656704816828.png

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesMac
Frequent Visitor

I just figured it out.  The lookup column cannot be associated to the (linked to item) value.

 

I changed the lookup column to associate with ID and it worked.

JamesMac_0-1657555573019.png

 

I changed the lookup column to associate with the Title (User Email Address in my case) column, but not the one associated with (linked to item) and it worked.

JamesMac_1-1657555580999.png

 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jondoesflow
Advocate II
Advocate II

I think you would need to use a Get Item (properties) only step after the item has been created and then use the ID from that to update it’s properties. 

JamesMac
Frequent Visitor

I had added the Get Item (properties), but the lookup column was not in the output. I'll run it again later and grab a screenshot of the output. 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesMac ,

 

Please try to delete this action and add it again. I can find this lookup parameter in 'update file properties' action.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1657089463871.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1657089477173.png

 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

JamesMac
Frequent Visitor

I deleted the Update File Properties action, saved the flow, added the Update File Properties action and still do not see the lookup column.  If I use the Update Properties action for a list that has a lookup column, the lookup column shows up as a property that can be updated.  The issue is only occurring for libraries.
JamesMac
Frequent Visitor

I just figured it out.  The lookup column cannot be associated to the (linked to item) value.

 

I changed the lookup column to associate with ID and it worked.

JamesMac_0-1657555573019.png

 

I changed the lookup column to associate with the Title (User Email Address in my case) column, but not the one associated with (linked to item) and it worked.

JamesMac_1-1657555580999.png

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,700)