cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davinci1

Update File Properties error: Could not find list item

Hi all, I am building a flow which:

a) When a new entry is added to a SP list

b) Grab values and insert them into a Word template (with quickparts placeholders in the docx)

I have followed all the steps on this external link - https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/generate-ms-word-document-consuming-sharepoint-list-data-from-...

However my flow fails on the UPDATE FILE PROPERTIES step, each time I see Error 404 - Could not find list item. I am having no luck finding an answer to this online so I am seeking any advice available here?

I have tried:

• Confirming the ID of the file I created and ID of the file I am updating is the same
  • I have confirmed all 12 custom columns  I am grabbing data for to enter into the word doc are entered as:
    • Site columns in the SP team
    • A Document Library column list
    • As instructed by the link above - another Document Library list - this one holds the word.docx template
    • SP List column list
  • When Updating File, I am looking to the 2nd Document Library mentioned above (As instructed, the one with the temaplte.docx saved in it. I am not sure why the other Document Library had to be created as well).
  • I am successfully grabbing the values and creating the file, but am not able to Update the Quickparts with my List values, seeing the 404 error.
  • I have recreated my flow from scratch, and recreated the Update step many times over.
  • I have added a delay between Create and Update, no change
  • I have checked my permissions and as SP Team Owner appear to have FULL CONTROL

My flow looks like this.

I DO NOT know about the extra two (blank) fields in my UPDATE FILE screenshot, Description and SpecialConditions1unused. I cannot seem to find them in any of the above mentioned lists or libraries. I cannot remove them from this view. Unsure where they are served from to be honest. Can anyone tell me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou in advance!

davinci1_0-1646876746813.png

davinci1_2-1646876865998.png

My error:

davinci1_3-1646878435681.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,046)