Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Update Flow from Another Flow

Hello,

I have two flows, one flow (Flow #1) which creates a new deliverable each month and another flow (Flow #2) that creates tasks from email that link to a parent deliverable.  I want to update the parent deliverable link (Flow #2) when the deliverable (Flow #1) gets created.  I think Update Flow is the right connector, but I don't know what the fields reference outside of the Environment and Flow Fields.  

How would I set up a connector to update Flow #2 after Flow #1 creates the work item?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @PaulCullivan ,

You couldn't update your flow2 automatically, you could only open the flow2 and then edit it. the function that one flow to update another one is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PaulCullivan ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your Flow1 and Flow2?

If you want to update your flow2, you could open your flow2 and then edit it, you couldn't use the Update Flow action.

You could provide more details if you want to get a proper workaround.

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Sure, I could share it out, but the question really is: how can one flow update another?  So when flow #1 gets created, I want it to update flow #2.  Are you saying that this cannot be done?

Highlighted

Hi @PaulCullivan ,

You couldn't update your flow2 automatically, you could only open the flow2 and then edit it. the function that one flow to update another one is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,453)