Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tomh
Level 8

Update Item in SP List via FLOW

Hello All!

Hoping to get some help on updating an item in a SharePoint list. I have a SharePoint list that I have created that utilizes the Jotform API with Microsoft Flow to push Jotform submission data to my SharePoint list. The action is triggered every time a new Jotform submission occurs. Since the form I am working with contains a work flow approval step this has presented a problem because instead of one unique line entry in my SP list I now have two. One for original submission and one for submission after approval has occurred.

I would like to create a condition in FLow that looks for 'Edit' in the URL for the field called "GetPageURL" and for existing 'project ID' entry that is same as current, and if it is true then have Flow write over the line entry in the SP list. If it is false, then simply do not publish to list.

I am certainly open to other solutions to the problem. the problem in a nutshell is: how to update/write over existing line entry in SP list if new submission contains 'project ID' same as existing line entry.

Thanks all!

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tomh
Level 8

Re: Update Item in SP List via FLOW

Thanks Brad! Here are the errors I am getting...

message.PNGne dependant actions.PNGnot found.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

What you're seeking to do can easily be done with conditions and logical expressions. I'd recommend taking a look into the Use data operations with Microsoft Flow documentation before hopping in too. 

If you hit any snags when designing your flow, simply submit a new detailed post here in the forums with screenshots and any error messages or issues and someone can help you ASAP.

The main step most people forget when building SharePoint List-based Flows in insuring that their list has a custom view set as the default that has all of the desired columns.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

tomh
Level 8

Thanks Brad! Here are the errors I am getting...

message.PNGne dependant actions.PNGnot found.PNG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,129)