cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidcarter548
Regular Visitor

Update Outlook Calendar Event

snip.PNGsnip 2.PNGHi,

I'm sorry if this has been posed before,  but I've looked through countless posts and I can't find one that explains what I need.

I have created a Flow for our salespeople that adds an event to an Outlook Calendar based on dates inputted into a Sharepoint list - for example, when to contact the customer next - and it works great. The call information is added to the list with the customer details and the next date for contact is completed and synced to Outlook. No problems there.

However, the Salespeople out on the road will complete a Sharepoint list of which customers they are going to visit but leave the 'Next Diary Date' (the date to next contact the customer) blank until they have visited them, dicussed their needs and agreed a date to contact them again. The problem I'm having is creating a flow that recognises the Sharepoint List item has been modified and adding the Next Diary Date to Outlook.

I'm new(ish) to Flow so any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidcarter548,

Do you want to update the event on Outlook calendar after salespeople added the NextDiaryDate in the list?

Please try to add a Condition to check if the column NextDiaryDate is empty or not using the function empty.

If yes, do nothing, if no, update the corresponding event.

I have made the following flow, please check it for a reference.

The code used in the Condition is:

@not(empty(triggerBody()?['Date']))

1.PNG

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidcarter548,

Do you want to update the event on Outlook calendar after salespeople added the NextDiaryDate in the list?

Please try to add a Condition to check if the column NextDiaryDate is empty or not using the function empty.

If yes, do nothing, if no, update the corresponding event.

I have made the following flow, please check it for a reference.

The code used in the Condition is:

@not(empty(triggerBody()?['Date']))

1.PNG

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (40,525)