cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Update Outlook Message Subject

I don't see a flow action to update an e-mail subject but thought I would confirm I'm not missing something.

I have my voice mail integrated with Exchange so the messages post in my Inbox. The subject contains the phone number and I wanted to have a flow to update the message subject for some of the people I consider VIP to say something like "Voice Mail from Mr. CEO."

Any thought on how I can accomplish this with Flow? I have this in VBA but thought I could get it to the cloud.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MarcRohde,

You can't update an email. The only way you could achieve this is to check every email with the subject contains the phone number and send another email.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarcRohde,

Here I would agree with @abm, if you would like to have the Email Arrival set as the trigger, then it is not possible to have the subject changed with Microsoft Flow.

Besides, are you using Exchange online?If you are using Exchange on-premise Email account, then I am afiaid that the email can't be used currnetly in Microsoft Flow, based on what I know.

If you need any further assistance, or have any further questions when using Microsoft Flow, then please post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @MarcRohde,

You said Email cant be updated if Email Arrival is set as a trigger. Can you tell me when can i update the email? How?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,885)