cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Update Parent Planner Board when Child Planner Board is Updated

Hi All,

First post but an issue I have had for a while.

I have 2 separate Planner boards one for the wider team and one for the local team. I have a process to send tasks to the Wider team board in place already when they are created using the existing template.

What I want to be able to do is when a Task is completed in the Child board automatically update the same Task of the same name in the Parent board.

I have tried the ‘Get Task Details’ Link but you no avail. Any help much appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply @efialttes .

I built on the draft from the suggested but had some difficulties with the syntax at Filter Array. Does it look like the sort of flow visioned?

Draft Flow.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

"What I want to be able to do is when a Task is completed in the Child board automatically update the same Task of the same name in the Parent board."

I guess your flow trigger is "When a task is completed". And, the way to match Child Task and Parant task is the name/title, right?

If you add 'Get a task' on your local board, targeting task id from your trigger, you will get its name /title.

THen I would suggest a 'List tasks' on your global board, filter by name/title, verify nr of results is 1, and get the parent task id, to finally 'Update task'

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply @efialttes .

I built on the draft from the suggested but had some difficulties with the syntax at Filter Array. Does it look like the sort of flow visioned?

Draft Flow.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Good job! I think your condition in the "Filter array" is correct. Please make sure you assign "Filter array" output as input for your 'Apply to Each'

Did you already test it?

If the results are not the expected ones, please let us know

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

@efialttesworked a dream! Thanks a lot for the help. Will mark previous response as answer!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,061)