cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mousman85
Helper III
Helper III

Update Row in Excel with a copied file

Is it possible to update a Row in Excel with a file that has been copied in to place. 

We have a template of files and i want to update a Key file that will act as a reference to all the other files to populate Client Name Project Number etc.

I know the Keyfile will always be called the same name and i know the table name will always be Table1. But in flow when i input the details i get the below:

image.png

I'm not sure what Provide Item Properties is, but this doesn't move into give me the other details to populate and update the row. 

Is there any way to do this? 

4 REPLIES 4
shu
Community Support
Community Support

@mousman85 Are you using Excel Online(Business) connector? I have tried from my side to add 'Update a row' action but doens;t have 'Provide the item properties' in it. Could you please delete the action and re-add it again?

shu_0-1596791768028.png

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Hi,

I've tried re-adding but the same issue, i think this is because the file doesn't exist yet, it will be added once the file has been copied to the new location, and i have to use variable to set the new location as i won't know what it is until its moved, so i'm not sure this is possible, my other option was to apply the changes to the row BEFORE it got copied, but i'm worried that this will mean the if two flows run at the same time, it might not have time to update one version of the flow before moving. 

its a shame you can't auto populate a new file with the same options if you know what each row and column will be called as it won't change. 

shu
Community Support
Community Support

@mousman85 could you please share your flow package with us?

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

I'm having the identical issue. Introducing a variable brings up the "provide the item properties" prompt and it isn't clear what's required in that field. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,621)