Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Update SP with sender response details

Current Process

- Powerapps form submitted and recorded in SP

- Flow triggered and email sent to Approver #1         (Send email with options)

- If Approver #1 approves (e.g. condition met) then
     1) SP list is updated with response       (Update Item)

2) email sent to Approver #2       (Send email with options)

- Approver #2 to approve / reject 

- End of process

I have created columns in my SP list for Approver #1 details (First approver name, first approver email, Response, Approval date).

I am currently using the Update Item function and it is successfully updating the response column. How can I get the other columns to reflect the details of the user who actioned the approval?

The update item function only seems to allow me to input the following dynamic content: Modified, Last Modified, etc which aren't working as the emails look like I am the sender.

I am wanting to record in the SP list who and when the two approvers responded to the email requesting for approval.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Update SP with sender response details

Hi @DTTN ,

Thanks so much for posting in the Flow Community! It appears that you have found a solution to your issue!

If so, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that describes how you were able to solve your issue!

This makes your post much easier for other members of the community to see and find when looking for a solution!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @DTTN 

Can you share a picture of your flow so far?

Thanks

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

1.png2.png

Sorry it was a bit difficult to capture it all.

Basically when the email response comes back, I am wanting it to update the SP list with the responders name, email and date (approver 1). Kind of like an audit trail of the approval process so we can look back and see who and when they approved it.

There aren't very many input options so I am a bit stuck.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @DTTN 

How are you storing the Approver 1 emails address? Cant you use the dynamic content for that for the First approver name?

If you want just the name. Than you can add a Get users action and pass the email address to get the Full name for the user.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks I will give that a go. 

I have only just started using Flow a couple days ago so everything is still relatively new! 🙂

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DTTN ,

Have you had an opportunity to apply any of @Jcook 's to adapt your Flow?

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I have tried a different approach using the start and wait for approval option to be able to achieve what I was after. 🙂

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DTTN ,

Thanks so much for posting in the Flow Community! It appears that you have found a solution to your issue!

If so, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that describes how you were able to solve your issue!

This makes your post much easier for other members of the community to see and find when looking for a solution!

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,956)