cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraTibbs
Frequent Visitor

Update SharePoint Content After copying to New Folder

I created the power automate below to copy a file from one list to another.  After I do the copy, I want to update two fields for this item in its new document list;  the Policy Number and the Version Number.  I can get the data from the original file but I am not sure how to call the file that I just created in the automation to update the item in the new document list.  Any idea how to do this would be helpful.

SandraTibbs_1-1646935676808.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SandraTibbs
Frequent Visitor

After my copy statement I did the following and it worked.  I had to use the ItemID number from my copy section to link the file to the new document to update the file data.

SandraTibbs_0-1647023203938.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @SandraTibbs  the only way to undate metadata from sharepoint file is using HTTP request.\

Here you can find a way: User guide to using the SharePoint REST API in Power Automate for no-code developers (sharepains.com...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
SandraTibbs
Frequent Visitor

After my copy statement I did the following and it worked.  I had to use the ItemID number from my copy section to link the file to the new document to update the file data.

SandraTibbs_0-1647023203938.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,070)