cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierceb
Level: Power Up

Update SharePoint Item False Positive

I'm trying to create two separate flows for approval when an item is added or changed on a SharePoint list. The first flow works fine by using the "when a new item is added" SharePoint Online flow. That triggers an approve / reject e-mail  and then emails the created by user and updates a status column with the approve / reject value. 

I'm trying to get a 2nd flow that goes through the same process of updating the approve / reject status column if a change is made to that item. The problem I'm running into is the "SharePoint Online when an item is changed" flow is being triggered by the last step of the first flow that updates the status column therefore the 2nd flow is triggered immediately after the first flow is complete. 

I tried turnng on versioning and seeing if I could trigger the 2nd flow based off that but that doesn't appear to be supported. Does anyone have a solution where I can run the item is modified flow but it won't be triggered to run immediately after the last step of the first flow that updates the status column? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pierceb

Re: Update SharePoint Item False Positive

I figured this out. Turns out I didn't need 2 seperate flows. The SharePoint update item flow can be used for newly created items. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pierceb

Re: Update SharePoint Item False Positive

I figured this out. Turns out I didn't need 2 seperate flows. The SharePoint update item flow can be used for newly created items. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,605)