cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kriggo15
Level: Powered On

Update SharePoint Item based on Email Response

Intended Outcome:

User submits a new SharePoint item with a specific Request Type, from a choice of options. Based on the type, an email is kicked off via Flow and sent to a person or multiple people. Different people “own” different request types. The “owner” gets an email with the options of “Acknowledge” and “Send for Triage”. Once an option is selected via the email, the SharePoint item gets updated via Flow from Submitted to Acknowledged or Send for Triage.

Issue:

I cannot figure out how to dynamically set the Status to reflect what option (Acknowledged, Send for Triage) is chosen in the email. I have to choose one or the other.

Flow1.png

flow2.png

flow3.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update SharePoint Item based on Email Response

Hi @kriggo15 ,

Please click on Enter custom value and populate the SelectedOption in this field.

65.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kriggo15 ,

Flow does not fail to execute but does not satisfy the conditions you set in Condition, so Flow is Cancelled.

You could check the value of the Status field in the Body of the Flow run history-Update item action, whether it is consistent with your expectations.

The Status values you mentioned earlier are "Submitted (default), Acknowledged, Needs Triage, Triaged". It seems that there is no Send for Triage. Have you made any changes?

If there have been changes, I suspect that the actual status value may contain extra characters such as space.

If so, you could refer to the method contained in this similar thread to solve this problem:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Build-Flow-Based-on-Dropdown-list/td-p/371979

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kriggo15 ,

Please click on Enter custom value and populate the SelectedOption in this field.

65.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
kriggo15

That didn't do it for me. Right now, the Status column has the option for the following values: Submitted (default), Acknowledged, Needs Triage, Triaged. In the email I'm providing 2 options: Acknowledge and Send for Triage.

Is it not working because the choices don't match?

kriggo15

I was actually able to fix the problem, but it led to a new one... If the status gets set to "Send for Triage", I want that to kick off an email to someone to look at. I can see the update in SharePoint where the status is updated, but it fails when trying to send the email.

flow4.png

flow5.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kriggo15 ,

Flow does not fail to execute but does not satisfy the conditions you set in Condition, so Flow is Cancelled.

You could check the value of the Status field in the Body of the Flow run history-Update item action, whether it is consistent with your expectations.

The Status values you mentioned earlier are "Submitted (default), Acknowledged, Needs Triage, Triaged". It seems that there is no Send for Triage. Have you made any changes?

If there have been changes, I suspect that the actual status value may contain extra characters such as space.

If so, you could refer to the method contained in this similar thread to solve this problem:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Build-Flow-Based-on-Dropdown-list/td-p/371979

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,032)