cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_Mcbail

Update SharePoint List Item from an array of Lists

So I have 2 Arrays, one array of websites, and the other an array of lists that those websites contain.

Ex:
Websites Array:

C_Mcbail_0-1638560312605.png

List Array:

C_Mcbail_1-1638560424437.png

I use a nested for each loop, in order to enter each site and then loop through the lists I want to access in that site (this works perfectly fine it gets all the data and i can use it properly):

C_Mcbail_2-1638560505047.png

where the problem happens, is when I try put the data in the update item action. 

C_Mcbail_3-1638561567928.png

nothing happens when I put the data in the Item box... what exactly should i be using in there... is there a way to some how tell it to update [This_item(with_this_data)]? it seems like that's the case, if it's not why can i even get to this point. is dynamically updating like this a lost cause using SharePoint Lists?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iltoningui
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @C_Mcbail 

You can use the "Send an HTTP Request to SharePoint",

check out this post from Anna Jhaveri

iltoningui_1-1638569703831.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
iltoningui
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @C_Mcbail 

You can use the "Send an HTTP Request to SharePoint",

check out this post from Anna Jhaveri

iltoningui_1-1638569703831.png

View solution in original post

close.... I've tried this method before. That works in a more... open environment... unfortunately because of the way the send HTTP request Accesses the data, the security parameters set with our version prevents it from accessing the designated SharePoint sites (even though I have ownership access) and I get an access error when using the send HTTP request. I might have been doing something wrong though so I'll certainly give it another shot

Edit: it seems i was using the Send HTTP Request wrong, I am quite the newbie with Power automate and URI's... thank you for giving me a nudge to try this out again as it finally seems to work!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,507)