cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmm07g
Frequent Visitor

Update SharePoint List to refresh Microsoft Teams Members

My organization has an employee list in SharePoint. Right now, I have a flow to automatically add employees to our Microsoft Team when added to the SharePoint Employee List. However, when an employee is removed I would like the ability to remove them from the team. Is there a way for a flow to "refresh" the member list of a team when an item is modified in the Employee list?

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @jmm07g 

When a Team is created, it means an Office 365 group is created in the background. Therefore, you could remove the user from the group as it is shown in the following example:

stress.png

Where the user principal name value is the one stored in the SharePoint list and the group id is the name of your team.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
jmm07g
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply @fchopo! I'm not actually deleting the item though because there are more fields than just name (position number, site, etc.). I'm deleting the name from the name column but leaving all other fields active (because eventually we'll fill the position with someone new).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,227)