cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjimang
Level: Powered On

Update SharePoint Location Column with Bing Connector

Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to update a SharePoint list 'Location' column with flow? I have a heap of sites with addresses in secondary address columns (Street, City, State, Country, Post Code, Lon, Lat). I would love to transfer it all into an actual Location column. I was thinking I could get the Point Coordinates using the Bing Maps connector, but it seems Flow cannot update a Location column.

I would love to do something like the following:

- Button trigger

- Get Items (all in the list)

- Update Items (the same list)

I have seen someone use the Send HTML command action, but I don't understand it at all. I also think you need to have a bing location code already, which I don't (but I do have good quality location info).

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update SharePoint Location Column with Bing Connector

Hi @Benjimang ,

Could you please explain more details about the Location Column?

Does the Location Column is created manually?

If the Location Column is created manually, I have made a test on my side to create a Location Colum with single line of text type, and you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Benjimang

Hi @v-alzhan-msft ,

No, the 'location' column is actually named "Address" and is of the 'location' column type. This keeps track of all of our clients. It produces:

- Address (Bing address code)

- Address: Name

- Address: Street

- Address: City

- Address: State

- Address: Country/Region

- Address: Point Coordinates

I have then decided to add 800 venues to the list as targets for our sales team. I have manually created a complete set of text columns (below) and imported some address info into (from an excel sheet) in the same list:

- Address (target): Name

- Address (target): Street

- Address (target): City

- Address (target): State

- Address (target): Country/Region

- Address (target): Point Coordinates

What I would love to do, is somehow update the actual 'location' column so that I get proper Bing addresses and coordinates. Is this in any way possible?

Benjimang

Hi @v-alzhan-msft ,

Just as an update, I've experimented with the output of the Bing connector and I don't believe it's compatible with any technique I have discovered for SharePoint Location columns. Here is one method that uses the 'Send HTTP Request to SharePoint' action:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Community-Blog/How-to-update-a-SharePoint-location-fie...

Unfortunately, you need to already know the SharePoint location column JSON for the location. Using the Bing connector doesn't give you that. At present, we have a way to use Bing to turn manual address info into high quality location information, but no way to turn that into an entry in a SharePoint Location Column. 

Unless anyone else knows a way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,837)